About this role
Sentry's mission is to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our crash reporting platform helps tens of thousands of software teams discover, triage, and resolve production software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time building software.
Sentry is looking for our first IT Manager to bootstrap our IT practice and help us achieve the following goals:
- Vision: Develop and articulate a vision for how to grow our IT practice.
- Certification: Own Pen Testing and security certifications.
- Automation: Don't solve the same problem twice.
- Business Impact: Maximize company throughput through frictionless execution.
If you are excited by owning IT operations at a fast-growing startup and want to deeply impact the company's culture and overall business, start thinking of your new hire gif now!
As an IT Manager, you will:
- Evaluate new vendors and business tools to enable compliance, maintain long-term projects, and aid integrations
- Monitor and maintain corporate network, conference room media devices, desktop equipment and more
- Apply infosec policies and tasks, test security controls, educate and react on security policy
- Deep understanding of all aspects of our IT environment, including Mac/Linux/Windows laptops, iPads, AV equipment, printers
- Familiarity with enterprise authentication, authorization, and MFA
- Comfortable with automation and scripting
- Exposure to running compliance and certification programs
- Experience with network troubleshooting
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Python software development experience
- Previous team lead or management experience
- Contribute to an open source product used by tens of thousands of developers and companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that has worked on some of the world's most popular software products and open source tools
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy and 529 College Savings Plan
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.