About this role
Sentry's mission is to empower software development teams to build better products faster. Our crash reporting platform helps tens of thousands of software teams discover, triage, and resolve production software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time building software.
As a Support Engineering Manager, you'll lead 5 support engineers tasked with helping customers and improving the support team's tooling as well as the Sentry product. You'll work closely with your team, product managers, engineers, and Customer Success, building features that improve the lives of our customers.
If you enjoy tinkering on both technical and people challenges alike, start thinking of your new hire gif now!
You'll be responsible for:
- Growing and developing a team of Support Engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- Setting direction for the team, anticipating strategic and scaling-related challenges
- Contributing to Sentry's product and customer strategy
- Fostering a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies our values
You'll love this job if:
- You enjoy mentorship and helping engineers grow
- You take pride in solving customer pain points
- You want to join a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly
- You want to contribute to an open source product
- 5+ years experience a software engineer or similar role
- 1+ years experience as a manager of an engineering or technical support team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly
- Proven ability to hire, train, and retain top talent
- Live in the San Francisco Bay Area, or are willing to relocate
- Contribute to an open source product used by tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that has worked on some of the world's most popular software products and open source tools
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy and 529 College Savings Plan
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.