About this role
Sentry's mission is to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our open source crash reporting platform helps almost a million developers and tens of thousands of software teams at some of the internet's most loved websites/apps (Dropbox, Uber, Airbnb, Stripe, Atlassian, and many more) discover, triage, and resolve production software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time building software.
As a Senior Full-stack Engineer on our product team, you'll join a cross-functional group of Software Engineers and Designers that are responsible for the end-user operation of Sentry. This includes building dashboards that communicate the health of users’ applications, as well as workflow tools and integrations that help developers triage and resolve issues. Not only do product engineers build the user interfaces that software developers see and touch, they contribute to the HTTP APIs, database schemas, and server logic that power those interactions.
If you want to build and improve product features that empower software development teams to do their best work, all while writing open source code, this could be the role for you.
You'll be responsible for:
- Working with Designers and Product Managers to develop product features that make software developers lives' better
- Collaborating with Infrastructure and Operations teams to build solutions that scale (we ingest over a billion events every day)
- Writing unit and integration tests that ensure the correctness of your work, as well as strong documentation to help educate both peers and customers
- Assisting Customer Operations to resolve live customer issues when bugs sneak into production
You'll love this job if:
- You take pride in building features that don't just work, but are also delightful to use
- You want to join a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly
- You want to contribute to open source full-time
- You want to work with collaborative, thoughtful engineers who push themselves and others to do better
Examples of projects our team has worked on:
- 4+ years as a Software Engineer or similar role working on a user-facing web application
- Experience with Python or a similar dynamic programming language
- Live in the Greater Toronto Area, or are willing to relocate
- Contribute to an used by almost a million of your fellow developers and tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned that
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical and dental coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.