About this role
Sentry builds the leading tool for real-time crash reporting and tracking down errors to their source. Every month, 1 million developers across tens of thousands of organizations find the root cause of their errors faster because of us.
Some of the biggest names in technology and business use Sentry to:
- identify valuable data about how their application fails to meet customer expectations
- surface actionable insights as to why
- resolve the problem faster
We're looking for a Product Manager to own this workflow for larger customers, who bring their own requirements and special cases. How should root cause analysis work cross-team when permissions are involved? How can a large company easily expose their service maps to Sentry and get teams onboarded faster? Where should we focus our scaling efforts?
If these sound like challenges you'd be excited to solve, start thinking of your new hire gif now!
As a Sentry PM, you will:
- Own a exciting chunk of our revenue-generating roadmap and have direct impact on Sentry's top line
- Be the voice for Forbes Global 2,000 companies, helping Sentry address their distinctive needs
- Collaborate directly with our enterprise sales teams and engineering teams to understand our customers (What would unblock a deal or an expansion? How well our newest features perform in the field?), and to ensure that your features land with a splash!
You'll like this job if:
- You want to uplevel as a product manager
- You’re a business minded person — but you can code a little in a few languages
- You believe even big enterprises deserve a good user experience
- You like being on the winning team
Why this job is exciting:
- You'll have an amazing toehold in the enterprise, and the ability to expand it quickly. The opportunity is as wide as you make it.
- You’ll be working with a world-class team made of great people from GitHub, Dropbox, PagerDuty, Atlassian and many other companies
- The stability and excitement of working for a fast-scaling startup
- Great career opportunities and individual development plan
- We believe in open source
- 5+ experience in engineering, project or product management — with at least 2 years planning and managing technical projects
- Experience with SaaS in an enterprise context (e.g. SalesForce, Concur, AppDynamics, etc..)
- Live in the San Francisco area, or are willing to relocate
- A presence in the open source community
- Coding experience
- An MBA