About this role
At Sentry, Software Engineers are responsible for the accuracy, reliability, and resiliency of their own code changes. To do so, they rely on a bevy of tools to help them test their code in an automated fashion, to communicate that the changes are sound, and to ensure the changes do not regress in the future.
As Sr. Automation Engineer, you will help us raise the bar for software quality by improving the tools and infrastructure through which teams perform automated testing. You'll improve and scale our CI infrastructure so that we can run more tests, more frequently, ultimately letting us spot more bugs before they reach production. You will push teams to raise test coverage by accurately reporting and enforcing code coverage metrics – for back-end, front-end, and even full integration tests. You'll help us collect and report quality metrics so that teams can understand where they're falling down, and how they can meet the challenge.
If you're looking for a high-autonomy + technical leadership role in which you'll accelerate how our engineering organization performs automated testing at scale, this is the job for you.
- Scaling the performance of our CI infrastructure as our engineering team grows
- Reducing test "flakiness" and improving overall reliability
- Instrumenting our code to surface more accurate code coverage metrics
- Meeting regularly with engineering teams to understand their automation and testing pain points, and developing and executing plans to address those pain points
- Writing automated tests that help increase resiliency across the board (e.g. smoke tests, automated performance tests, etc.
- 4+ years of experience as an Automation Engineer or similar role (Build Engineer, Software Engineer, etc.)
- Automated testing experience (Selenium, PyTest, etc.)
- CI experience (Jenkins, TravisCI, CircleCI, etc.)