“Software is eating the world.” This claim is never truer than today, with every major business developing, using and maintaining software to communicate and transact with customers and end-users. And with software defects and outages a fact of life, Sentry is here to minimize the havoc and potential losses caused when they occur. Our customers are software developers and engineers around the world. We enjoy strong name recognition and brand awareness, compelling year-on-year growth and are well-funded by name-brand VCs, including Accel Ventures and NEA.
About the Role
Our business runs on two sales models: self-serve online sales direct to developers, and via our growing enterprise sales team. We are ready to amp up our digital marketing programs and need an experienced, ambitious digital marketer to lead the charge, set strategy, refine our marketing stack, experiment and execute against a clear set of goals.
In the Director, Digital Marketing role, you will lead digital marketing strategies, and develop, optimize and execute high ROI paid campaigns with a goal of increasing leads generated. This role involves both strategy and execution, so be prepared to roll up your sleeves. You will partner with our in-house creative and content marketing teams and leaders, and report to our acting head of marketing.
- Plan, manage, and execute lead generation strategies and campaigns, across all digital channels, for our direct-to-developer efforts, and to support our enterprise sales teams
- Devise, test and manage paid campaigns including SEM, social media, etc.
- Direct and manage our SEO programs in partnership with our content creators
- Oversee our marketing automation platform, outbound marketing emails, nurture campaigns, etc.
- Provide regular reporting back to the marketing and business leaders
- Hone the customer prospect journey and work with the creative team to execute changes on our web site as required
- Manage the digital marketing budget in conjunction with our marketing leader
- Partner with sales to help drive success in meeting sales goals
- Partner with creative team for content needed for paid campaigns
- 8-10 years hands-on experience in SaaS and/or enterprise software, ideally targeting developers
- A passion for the art of blending the math and humanities in marketing
- Appreciate the value of integrated marketing
- Experience managing search and online marketing
- Ability to define and optimize marketing and content marketing funnels
- You will enjoy working with a team, and be a self-starter
- Pro user of marketing and sales automation tools including Hubspot and Salesforce
- Familiarity with marketing analytics and measurement tools (Google Analytics, Optimizely, etc)
- Strong collaborator who values the input of a team and recognizes that more can be achieved when everyone works together
- Strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize and work effectively
- Influencer - understands what it takes to ‘sell’ an idea or campaign internally; and knows when to pivot
- Superb communication skills
- Contribute to an open source product used by tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that cares a lot about diversity and inclusivity
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision premiums coverage for employees, 75% premiums coverage for dependents
- Commuter subsidy
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy and 529 College Savings Plan
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.