The Sentry Story
Our Co-Founders David Cramer and Chris Jennings realized that developers are at the core of virtually every organization, building and managing the software that makes modern businesses tick. With the developers' workflow in mind, they started an open-source side project that has now turned into a well-loved product used by 1M+ developers.
It is our mission to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our application monitoring platform helps millions of developers discover, triage, and resolve software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time doing what they love... building software.
About the Role / Impact
The Director of Product Marketing will be both a strategic and functional head of Sentry's product marketing organization.
This person will be an innovative and creative thinker who ensures Sentry's products and mission resonate with our users and buyers, including identifying product market fit and competitive advantage. This includes programs, messaging, and content that explain how Sentry is key to a modern IT organization's ability to scale and succeed.
You’ll love this job if:
- You thrive in a product-driven, highly technical, fast-paced and growing organization.
- You're looking for a new challenge, at an emerging developer-first product.
- You're driven. You'll be key to setting strategy and prioritizing the projects we work on. We want you to take the initiative and inspire your team to do the same.
As the Director of Product Marketing, you will:
- Collaborate with other company leaders (product, sales, marketing, creative) on Sentry's position, value, messaging, packaging and go-to-market strategy.
- Own GTM planning and execution working with key teams within the company.
- Analyze buyer personas and market segments (self-serve through Enterprise) for deeper insight into Sentry's customer base and their challenges.
- Monitor growth and adoption of products across the customer lifecycle, from driving awareness and acquisition through retention.
- Review competitive offerings and drive ongoing differentiation and competitive distinction.
- Assist the sales organization through enablement initiatives including customer stories, use cases, and other solution-based messaging, to strengthen Enterprise adoption.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have:
- At least seven (7) years of experience in product marketing or similar function and at least three (3) years managing a team.
- Strong understanding of high velocity or freemium business models.
- Proven track record of supporting Enterprise efforts through solutions messaging and collateral.
- The commitment as a leader to take initiative without being asked; take pride and personal ownership of work and team success.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Experience presenting to C-Level executives.
- Passion for measurement, metrics and continuous improvement across the organization.
- MBA, experience in developer tools, experience in enterprise IT (all pluses).
To Learn More About Sentry
- We just raised our series C! Learn more on VentureBeat, Business Insider, and TechCrunch.
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.