Sentry's mission is to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our open source crash reporting platform helps almost a million developers and tens of thousands of software teams at some of the internet's most loved websites/apps (Airbnb, Dropbox, Microsoft, PayPal, Pinterest, Square, and many more) discover, triage, and resolve production software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time building software.
About this role
Sentry is used by enterprise-level customers in the Global 2000 to empower their large engineering organizations to better triage and debug production software issues. Those customers have needs that go beyond smaller customers: accounts with 1000+ users, hundreds of projects, sensitive data privacy needs, international data storage regulations and strong requirements around auditing and access control.
If you are a product-minded engineer who is interested in building compelling features to help us close our most important and valuable enterprise deals, this could be the role for you.
- Improve the performance and experience for accounts with large user (1000+) and project counts (100+)
- Build and improve Sentry's compliance-related features which include (but are not limited to) PII scrubbing, audit logs, flexible retention windows, etc.
- Take ownership over our SSO (Okta, 0Auth, etc.) and SAML integrations
- Increase security capabilities for enterprise-level accounts (e.g. implement automatic user de-provisioning, stronger ACLs, etc.)
- Ensure compatibility between Sentry and popular behind-the-firewall on-premises products like Jira Server and GitHub Enterprise Server
- Build tools to migrate metadata from premises Sentry installations into our private cloud (Sentry.io)
- 4+ years as a Software Engineer or similar role working on a user-facing web application
- Experience with Python or a similar dynamic programming language
- An understanding of how large companies function and/or experience with Enterprise applications
- Live in the Greater Toronto Area, or are willing to relocate
- Bonus: You know what LDAP means without Googling it