Sentry's mission is to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our application monitoring platform helps over a million developers and tens of thousands of software teams at some of the internet's most loved websites/apps (Dropbox, Uber, Airbnb, Stripe, Atlassian, and many more) discover, triage, and resolve production software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time building software. We enjoy strong love from developers and our well-known VCs like Accel and NEA.
The Growth Team at Sentry is enabling exponential user growth by building end-to-end experiences, identifying optimizations to improve user activation, and constantly innovating new ways to expand Sentry’s value proposition. This may just be one of the reasons why developers across the world love Sentry.
This is a multi-disciplinary team that uses data science, product, marketing, design and engineering to understand how Sentry grows today, and runs experiments to understand what effective growth approaches of the future could look like. You’ll work cross-functionally to build algorithms, define experiments, and improve data pipeline to help identify user characteristics and behaviors that impact user acquisition, engagement, and revenue.
Our ideal candidate:
- Gets excited about making a measurable impact on Sentry’s growth
- Loves exploring user behavior, user environment and application data to come up with actionable insights
- Is able to iterate quickly and independently
- Would be a founding member of the data science program for Sentry
- Build and execute experiments to test product metric changes in response to improvements for real-time prediction models
- Create impact assessment framework for long-term forecast models to estimate relative product optimization improvements
- Build statistical and behavioral models for the Sentry product
- Proactively identify opportunities for growth, whether they are new innovations or optimizations of existing flow
- Work with product managers, data scientists, engineers, and design to translate business insights into decisions and actions
- Share results with the team and build iterations based on feedback
- A degree in quantitative fields like statistics, economics, applied math or engineering.
- 3+ years of experience as a data scientist
- Experience with SQL, Python and/or Java
- Live in the San Francisco Bay Area, or are willing to relocate
- PhD in data science, mathematics or related field is a plus
- Contribute to an open source product used by tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that has worked on some of the world's most popular software products and open source tools
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy and 529 College Savings Plan
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.