The Sentry Story
Our Co-Founders David Cramer and Chris Jennings realized that developers are at the core of virtually every organization, building and managing the software that makes modern businesses tick. With the developers' workflow in mind, they started an open-source side project that has now turned into a well-loved product used by 1M+ developers.
It is our mission to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our application monitoring platform helps millions of developers discover, triage, and resolve software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time doing what they love... building software.
About the Team
As a Sr Platform UI engineer, you'll join a cross-functional group of software engineers and designers that are responsible for the end-user operation of Sentry. Not only do product engineers build the user interfaces that software developers see and touch, they contribute to the APIs and server logic that power those interactions. If you want to build and improve product features that empower software development teams to do their best work, all while writing open source code, we'd like to talk to you.
Sentry is used by tens of thousands of developers, and as part of our small team, you'll find countless challenges to grow and succeed. If you have a technical background and want to engage publicly with the software development community, we feel this is a fantastic opportunity.
About the Role / Impact
In this role, you will:
- Develop product features for our open source React single-page application
- Pursue architecture and tooling improvements so that our development team can ship code faster and more confidently
- Modify our build process and application code in order to improve Sentry's frontend performance
- Build new user interfaces specific for our supported platforms and languages
You'll love this job if:
- You want to contribute to a large, open source project that uses modern ecosystem tools: React, Jest, Babel, Flux architecture patterns, etc.
- You believe in beautiful frontend applications that are a delight to use
- You love to work with a team of great engineers that love their work
- You wish to improve the daily lives of thousands of developers
You'll be successful in this role if you have:
- Good written and oral communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly
- Bonus: experience contributing to or maintaining open source projects
Examples of projects our team has worked on:
- Sentry 9 introduces Owners, Environments, & Teams
- Augmenting error reports with Git commit data
- Workflow improvements to resolution and silence
- @ Your teammates with Mentions
- Keep an eye on new code with deploys
To Learn More About Sentry
- We just raised our series C! Learn more on VentureBeat, Business Insider, and TechCrunch.
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter.
- Contribute to an open source product used by almost a million of your fellow developers and tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that cares a lot about diversity, inclusivity, and quirkiness
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Commuter subsidy
- Flexible working schedule
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
- Austrian healthcare
- Pet friendly office
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands) and visits to our SF headquarters
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 41.706,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement (IT-KV). The salary that Sentry offers you is adjusted to the current market situation and does significantly exceed it.