The Sentry Story
Our Co-Founders David Cramer and Chris Jennings realized that developers are at the core of virtually every organization, building and managing the software that makes modern businesses tick. With the developers' workflow in mind, they started an open-source side project that has now turned into a well-loved product used by 1M+ developers.
It is our mission to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our application monitoring platform helps millions of developers discover, triage, and resolve software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time doing what they love... building software.
About the Role / Impact
This position reports to the VP of Platforms and Infrastructure and will be responsible for leading our Security and Compliance efforts across Sentry.
You'll love this job if:
- You have a passion for managing people and inspiring them to do their best work.
- You thrive in fast-paced, high growth environments.
- You're naturally motivated to solve problems at their root rather than just symptoms.
As the Director of Security & Compliance, you will:
- Develop, manage and implement Sentry.io's information security strategy
- Continuous assessment of current security practices and systems, and identifying
- areas for improvement
- Ensure the Security team participates in the software development lifecycle to verify
- that engineers are trained and following secure coding practices
- Running security audits and risk assessments
- Delivering new security technology approaches and implementation of modern
- Define and drive threat identification and response across the company
- Define and drive training programs, tailored to specific teams across the company
You'll be successful in the role if you have:
- At least five (5) years of relevant industry experience in information technology
- years in information security
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and investigative skills combined with the
- ability to develop creative solutions and navigate through ambiguity in a fast-paced,
- agile environment
- Current and deep technical knowledge and experience working with the latest
- information security technologies and tools, including both commercially available and
- Experience in building high-performing teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A highly analytical and inquisitive work style with keen attention to detail while
- possessing the ability to see the big picture
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth
- A strong passion for Sentry.IO’s mission
To Learn More About Sentry
- We just raised our series C! Learn more on VentureBeat, Business Insider, and TechCrunch.
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.