The Sentry Story
Our Co-Founders David Cramer and Chris Jennings realized that developers are at the core of virtually every organization, building and managing the software that makes modern businesses tick. With the developers' workflow in mind, they started an open-source side project that has now turned into a well-loved product used by 1M+ developers.
It is our mission to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our application monitoring platform helps millions of developers discover, triage, and resolve software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time doing what they love... building software.
About the Role / Impact
Sentry is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to manage go-to-market (GTM) launches, own competitive intelligence, support our sales team's enterprise motion (i.e., sales enablement materials), and collaborate with external partners on GTM activities.
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will:
- Define and expand Sentry's product category and customer journey.
- Build targeted playbooks that improve sales effectiveness and efficiency.
- Evolve strategy, positioning, messaging, and value prop, especially as part of a coalition of technologies.
- Manage Sentry’s product marketing group and work closely with the executive, sales, and product teams.
- Be the first line of defense for competitive differentiation to keep us a step ahead.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have:
- At least four (4) years of directly applicable experience as a product marketer.
- A passion for telling user and use-case stories in a manner that resonates with - and engages - our customers
- The regular practice of staying up to date on marketing trends, and understanding the new marketing stack, including observability, automation, and rapid iteration.
- Understanding of open source software and developer tools.
- Serious communication chops: sharing slide decks you’ve authored, and links to published writing samples will be required, as well as strong verbal and influencer skills.
- Ability to explain both complex technical concepts in a simple, linear, and holistic way and providing in-depth solutions in a way that developers understand.
- Equal parts enthusiasm and capability in research, strategy, programs, and execution.
- A portfolio of long-form technical assets (plus).
- A background in blogging, digital marketing, video, or podcasts (plus).
- Demonstrated work at a fast-paced startup and are self-directed (plus).
You’ll love this opportunity here at Sentry if:
- You enjoy digging into markets and solutions for developers, and has a passion for creating content that drives user and field readiness.
- You know how to speak to - and persuade - a discerning technical audience of customers, analysts, press, partners, and colleagues, as well as stand out in a crowd.
To Learn More About Sentry
- We just raised our series C! Learn more on VentureBeat, Business Insider, and TechCrunch.
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.