The Sentry Story
Our Co-Founders David Cramer and Chris Jennings realized that developers are at the core of virtually every organization, building and managing the software that makes modern businesses tick. With the developers' workflow in mind, they started an open-source side project that has now turned into a well-loved product used by 1M+ developers.
It is our mission to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our application monitoring platform helps millions of developers discover, triage, and resolve software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time doing what they love... building software.
About the Team
The Growth Team at Sentry is enabling exponential user growth by building end-to-end experiences, identifying optimizations to improve user activation, and constantly innovating new ways to expand Sentry’s value proposition. This may just be one of the reasons why developers across the world love Sentry. The team is effectively responsible for finding and implementing optimization opportunities across user acquisition, retention, engagement and monetization.
This is a multi-disciplinary team that uses data science, product, design, marketing and engineering to understand how Sentry grows today, builds onboarding experiences and runs experiments to drive exponential future growth.
About the Role / Impact
Growth is a proactive and intentional approach. A Product Manager will spend time doing market research to identify growth opportunities, be an expert in bringing user voice back to the organization, work with the data scientist on the team to identify experimentation opportunities, define product roadmap and work with the engineering team to execute on the roadmap.
If these sound like challenges you'd be excited to solve, start thinking of which Sentry swag you will like the most!
As a Sentry Product Manager, you will
- Be responsible to bring exponential growth to Sentry's self-serve users
- Use data to identify experimentation opportunities, and define success criteria
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientist, product managers and the leadership team to define and execute on the roadmap
- Own the roadmap and prioritize experiments that have biggest potential to achieve our growth goals
- Work with the marketing team to identify additional opportunities for growth along the customer journey
You'll love this job if
- You are goal driven and constantly measure your success across those goals
- You’re a business minded person and enjoy ambiguous environments
- You believe in serving best end to end user experience
- You like being on the winning team
You'll be successful in this role if you have
- 5+ experience in engineering, project or product management — with at least 2 years shipping technology products
- Experience building and shipping world class user experience
- Live in the San Francisco area, or are willing to relocate
To Learn More About Sentry
- We just raised our series C! Learn more on VentureBeat, Business Insider, and TechCrunch.
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.