Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $67 million in funding and 20,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
We're looking for a Senior Data Engineer to develop scalable solutions for collecting and analyzing large data sets that drive Sentry’s business. You will help us think better with data, and will work across our organization to quantify our success, discover opportunities, and develop insights.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to work at the intersection of business and product to help us better understand our enterprise, and have an outsized impact on a hyper-growth company (almost a million users and growing quickly!)
You’ll help us achieve these goals:
- Data democracy: Enable non-technical teams to discover data-driven insights.
- Data visibility: Elevate the role of data in our decision making.
- Data integrity: Guarantee that conclusions made from data can be trusted.
- Data intuition: Surface trends and business insights.
In this role you will:
- Design, build, and manage data marts to satisfy our growing data needs
- Combine data from disparate sources into a unified & reliable source of truth
- Ensure data quality and verifying complex queries for correctness
- Launch and support new data models that provide intuitive analytics to internal customers
- Interface with internal data consumers to understand data needs
You'll love this job if:
- You're excited by working with genuine “big data” that doesn't fit in memory
- You enjoy working cross-functionally with other departments, learning their business processes and how you can accelerate them
- You draw deep satisfaction from operating in a high-impact role that affects the entire organization
- 3+ years experience as a Data Engineer or similar, working with large data sets
- Experience building visualizations for business intelligence
- Expertise in SQL (you can run a query with your eyes closed!)
- Expertise with at least one of the following: Spark, Kafka, Kinesis, BigQuery, Redshift, Airflow
- BS in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly
- In the San Francisco Bay Area or willing to relocate
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.