The Sentry Story
Our Co-Founders David Cramer and Chris Jennings realized that developers are at the core of virtually every organization, building and managing the software that makes modern businesses tick. With the developers' workflow in mind, they started an open-source side project that has now turned into a well-loved product used by 1M+ developers.
It is our mission to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our application monitoring platform helps millions of developers discover, triage, and resolve software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time doing what they love... building software.
About the Role / Impact
We're looking for a proven Customer Support Leader to help us serve our 50,000+ customers, ranging from individual developers to the largest enterprises.
You'll love this job if
- You have a passion for managing people and inspiring them to do their best work.
- You thrive in fast-paced, high growth environments.
- You're naturally motivated to solve problems at their root rather than just symptoms.
As the Head of Customer Support, you will
- Manage day-to-day customer support operations (overseeing key metrics, providing guidance to the team, etc.).
- Work directly with other leaders to improve upon and develop strategies, processes, and KPIs to help improve the efficiency of Sentry's support function and scale the support of a growing customer base.
- Establish KPIs and processes to measure and optimize team performance.
- Establish processes to efficiently onboard new hires and enable ongoing product knowledge through training programs and/or knowledge base documentation.
- Own the budge, hiring, and growth plan for a global support function.
- Work with Engineering and Product leaders to surface, prioritize, and track customer feedback.
You'll be successful in the role if you have
- At least 7 years of experience managing a team of support agents in a fast-paced technology environment. Startup experience is preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively manage and train both technical and non-technical team members.
- Demonstrated data-oriented approach to solving problems.
- The ability to act thoughtfully and strategically while under pressure.
- Experience using Zendesk, Jira, and Slack.
- Familiarity with the developer tool space (preferred).
To Learn More About Sentry
- We just raised our series C! Learn more on VentureBeat, Business Insider, and TechCrunch.
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.