The Sentry Story
Our Co-Founders David Cramer and Chris Jennings realized that developers are at the core of virtually every organization, building and managing the software that makes modern businesses tick. With the developers' workflow in mind, they started an open-source side project that has now turned into a well-loved product used by 1M+ developers.
It is our mission to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our application monitoring platform helps millions of developers discover, triage, and resolve software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time doing what they love... building software.
About the Role / Impact
Sentry is used by enterprise-level customers in the Global 2000 to empower their large engineering organizations to better triage and debug production software issues. Those customers have needs that go beyond smaller customers: accounts with 1000+ users, hundreds of projects, sensitive data privacy needs, international data storage regulations and strong requirements around auditing and access control.
If you are a product-minded engineer who is interested in building compelling features to help us close our most important and valuable enterprise deals, this could be the role for you.
In this role, you will:
- Work with product and design to define, implement and ship new features
- Enjoy working on performance issues that come up when our users push Sentry to its limits
- Build and improve Sentry's compliance-related features and security capabilities which include (but are not limited to) PII scrubbing, flexible retention windows, automatic user de-provisioning, stronger ACLs, SSO integrations and etc
- Participate in engineering discussions and initiatives to help take the team to the next level
You will be successful in this role if you:
- 3+ years engineering experience
- Experience in building large scale user facing web applications (React, Typescript, Django, Postgres)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly
- Bonus: Experience with contributing to or maintaining open source projects
To Learn More About Sentry
- We just raised our series C! Learn more on VentureBeat, Business Insider, and TechCrunch.
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- Canada Pension Plan
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.