The Sentry Story
Our Co-Founders David Cramer and Chris Jennings realized that developers are at the core of virtually every organization, building and managing the software that makes modern businesses tick. With the developers' workflow in mind, they started an open-source side project that has now turned into a well-loved product used by 1M+ developers.
It is our mission to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our application monitoring platform helps millions of developers discover, triage, and resolve software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time doing what they love... building software.
About the Role / Impact
Sentry is used by enterprise-level customers in the Global 2000 to empower their large engineering organizations to better triage and debug production software issues. Those customers have needs that go beyond smaller customers: accounts with 1000+ users, hundreds of projects, sensitive data privacy needs, international data storage regulations and strong requirements around auditing and access control.
If you are a product-minded engineer who is interested in building compelling features to help us close our most important and valuable enterprise deals, this could be the role for you.
In this role, you will:
- Improve the performance and experience for accounts with large user (1000+) and project counts (100+)
- Build and improve Sentry's compliance-related features which include (but are not limited to) PII scrubbing, audit logs, flexible retention windows, etc.
- Take ownership over our SSO (Okta, 0Auth, etc.) and SAML integrations
- Increase security capabilities for enterprise-level accounts (e.g. implement automatic user de-provisioning, stronger ACLs, etc.)
- Ensure compatibility between Sentry and popular behind-the-firewall on-premises products like Jira Server and GitHub Enterprise Server
- Build tools to migrate metadata from premises Sentry installations into our private cloud (Sentry.io)
You will be successful in this role if you:
- 4+ years as a Software Engineer or similar role working on a user-facing web application
- Experience with Python or a similar dynamic programming language
- An understanding of how large companies function and/or experience with Enterprise applications
- Live in the Greater Toronto Area, or are willing to relocate
- Bonus: You know what LDAP means without Googling it
To Learn More About Sentry
- We just raised our series C! Learn more on VentureBeat, Business Insider, and TechCrunch.
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- Canada Pension Plan
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.