The Sentry Story
Our Co-Founders David Cramer and Chris Jennings realized that developers are at the core of virtually every organization, building and managing the software that makes modern businesses tick. With the developers' workflow in mind, they started an open-source side project that has now turned into a well-loved product used by 1M+ developers.
It is our mission to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our application monitoring platform helps millions of developers discover, triage, and resolve software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time doing what they love... building software.
About the Team
The Sentry Talent Team is focused on helping build Sentry’s culture one quality hire at a time. When finding, hiring and developing top talent, we are committed to greatness as a Company.
Our Team’s Commitment
- Provide innovative, scalable hiring solutions in support of the Company’s high growth.
- Drive for results.
- Personal accountability.
- Team collaboration across the organization.
About the Role / Impact
In line with Sentry’s growth plan, the Talent Team is growing as well! This is a unique and highly impactful opportunity to contribute to helping build the initial DNA of Sentry. As our first Lead Technical Recruiter, you will operate as a recruiting advisor and owner of our engineering hiring strategy. The initial focus will be helping the Engineering Leadership Team catapult the growth of their San Francisco based teams, and eventually, help lead the engineering recruiting efforts for our Toronto, Canada and Vienna, Austria offices, giving global scope to this role. This position reports to the Head of Talent and will be based in our HQ office located in downtown San Francisco (SOMA).
You'll love this job if:
- You like experimenting and delivering the latest recruitment strategies.
- You find yourself geeking out on recruiting data and metrics.
- You have a high EQ and a natural ability to build strong, trusting relationships at the leadership level.
In this role, you will:
- Partner very closely with the hiring managers to hire top tier engineers across multiple teams, ranging from individual contributors to director level.
- Develop creative sourcing strategies in an effort to build a healthy pipeline of engineering talent.
- Create a world-class candidate experience in partnership with our Recruiting Coordinator Extraordinaire.
- Leverage data, your knowledge, and industry trends to build and execute on closing strategies.
- Collaborate with the team to standardize our interview process to reflect our culture and values.
You'll be successful in the role if:
- You have at least 3 years of recruiting experience hiring Engineering talent for tech companies.
- You have demonstrated ability to deliver against recruitment strategies in support of the growth for technical organizations.
- You are metrics driven and utilize data to help drive your decisions.
- You take ownership - driven, focused, and strive for results.
- You’re humble - you’re willing to get into the details if needed and are open to feedback.
- You want the visibility to make a huge impact.
To Learn More About Sentry
- We just raised our series C! See us on VentureBeat, Business Insider, and TechCrunch.
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.