Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $67 million in funding and 20,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
In 2019 Sentry officially added its 3rd office location and software development hub in Toronto, Ontario. Approaching 10 employees and growing steadily, the Toronto office is responsible for product development of Sentry's ongoing investments in application performance monitoring (APM). We're building features to visualize and analyze hundreds of millions of performance data points, to help software teams identify and triage bottlenecks in their code.
As Sr. Engineering Manager, Product, you'll lead an ensemble of engineers tasked with building the next generation product line at Sentry. You’ll work closely with your team, and collaborate with other Engineering and Product functions to build features that provide value to our users and align with business goals. You’ll be an inspiration and cultivate a strong team identity by conducting weekly syncs, career coaching, planning aggressive-but-realistic milestones, and keeping everyone accountable. You'll also take on a critical role in recruiting and growing engineering talent in our developing Toronto office.
If you want to work in a high-impact role where you're not just managing a high-achieving product engineering team, but are also helping to grow and cultivate a unique office culture in Toronto, this could be the job for you.
In this role you will:
- Grow and develop a team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- Set direction for the team, anticipating strategic and scaling-related challenges.
- Assist with sprint planning and task estimation.
- Contribute to Sentry’s technical and product strategy.
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies our values.
- Take an active role in hiring for and building a satellite office location.
You'll love this job if you:
- Enjoy mentoring and helping other engineers grow.
- Take pride in developing features that don't "just work," but are delightful to use.
- Desire to join a modern software team that iterates and ships code rapidly.
- Enjoy taking an active role in the local software development community to locate and source inbound talent.
- 10+ years industry experience in software engineering, with at least 5+ years experience building full stack web applications.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- A strong understanding of lean product development; you validate ideas quickly and adjust as you learn.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly.
- Bonus: A history of building diverse engineering teams, and familiarity with local university recruiting and internship programs.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical and dental coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.