Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $67 million in funding and 20,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
The Visibility team’s mission is to make Sentry the place to understand the health of your application, find and prioritize investments and resources, and uncover insights to improve your overall performance.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer on the Visibility team, you will shape the experience of how we visualize our customers tracing and performance data. You will collaborate with other teams throughout the company to ensure that our customers can get to important, actionable data easier than before. Presenting new ideas to our technical steering committee, establishing ownership of a feature set and growing your technical skills are just a few of the activities you can expect from this role.
In this role you will:
- Partner with our design team and define the best approach to visualize insights into our customer’s products.
- Collaborate with your team to define API contracts for new features.
- Review code and mentor less-experienced engineers.
- Build tests for your code to maintain a high standard of quality for Sentry.
- Write documentation to support new features with our technical writing staff.
- Seek out improvements to the platform and drive initiatives to implement those improvements.
You'll love this job if you:
- Desire to be the change you seek in the world, improve Sentry and use Sentry to make Sentry better. You are the target customer for the software you build, and you can influence what makes it into the product.
- Play Killer Queen Black, our team plays every few Fridays.
- Enjoy customizing their shell and editor to the point where you cannot use the defaults.
- Relish the idea of making small improvements to a tool that magnify into days of saved time across our customer base.
- Have a solid understanding of React, bonus points for Typescript.
- Align with our core value, Pixels Matter, and are detail-oriented.
- Write robust and performant code that adheres to the company standards.
- Are passionate about improving the debugging tools that developers use.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical and dental coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.