Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $67 million in funding and 20,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
The Search and Storage team is responsible for the infrastructure that powers all of Sentry's time-series data and searching capabilities across billions of events with sub-second latency. We started this initiative by building Snuba, the primary storage and query service for Sentry's event data powered by ClickHouse, and we're now looking to provide even more visibility and reporting on the terabytes of data that our users send us.
As Sr. Engineering Manager of the Search & Storage team, you will be responsible for continuing development of one of our most crucial pieces of software infrastructure. You’ll hire, train, and coach engineers to scale and expand the capabilities of our search infrastructure. Additionally, you will work alongside the CTO, Product and the Operations team and balance multiple concurrent asks. This role lives at the intersection of resource utilization, platform development, and customer impact.
Join us if you are looking for a high-impact and transformative role at a rapidly growing company.
In this role you will:
- Grow and develop a team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- Set direction for the team anticipating strategic direction, platform investment, and personnel-related challenges.
- Lead the team and/or organization through short and long-term trade-off discussions aligning platform needs with business asks.
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies our values.
You'll love this job if you:
- Are business and customer oriented, and enjoy the interplay between solving customer problems and building platforms.
- Take pride in building teams oriented towards scale-comprehending solutions.
- Develop lateral relationships with your team and lead through service.
- Enjoy taking an active role in the local software development community to locate and source inbound talent.
- 10+ years industry experience in software engineering, with at least 5+ years experience leading platform and infrastructure organizations.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- A strong understanding of lean and iterative development and hypothesis validation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly.
- Bonus: A history of building diverse engineering teams, and familiarity with university recruiting and internship programs.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance