Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $67 million in funding and 20,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
We help a million of the world’s best software developers create the products that billions of people use everyday. Your job will be to help them make sense of the multitude of data points that we collect for them.
- Problems are inherently complicated, if a developer expected it, it wouldn’t have happened. How do we show them everything they need to understand an issue without overwhelming them?
- How do we show the right information to each person? Managers vs developers, frontend vs backend developers, experienced vs junior teammates all need to make use of different information.
- How can we help our users triage? What do they need to know and when?
- How can we best convey the business impact of an event to non-developers? How do we help our users show their team’s improvements?
In this role you will:
- Own our visualization roadmap, and identify the additions and improvements that will make the most impact for our users.
- Validate and support your decisions with data, customer feedback, and input from engineering.
- Develop well defined milestones for the engineering team to devour.
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, technical writers, solution consultants, other product managers, and the leadership team to ensure the success of your roadmap.
- Work with the marketing and sales team to ensure impactful go-to-market activities
You'll love this job if you:
- You are goal driven and constantly measure your success across those goals.
- It is second nature to drive success in an ambiguous environment by melding your business and technical skills.
- Serving the best end to end user experience is your daily mantra.
- Being on a winning team is where you want to be.
- 5+ experience in engineering, project, or product management in SaaS.
- Experience in visual presentation of data.
- Experience building and shipping world class user experience.
- Live in the Greater Toronto area, or are willing to relocate.
- Bachelor's degree in math, computer science, or related field is preferred.
- A presence in the open source community.
- Coding experience -- if you don’t have this, expect to spend some time learning enough to demo your product.
- An MBA, or experience connecting software with financial outcomes.
- Published papers, or related experience where you’ve had to explain complex ideas with data.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical and dental coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.