Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $67 million in funding and 20,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
Sentry is used by enterprise-level customers in the Global 2000 to empower their large engineering organizations to better triage and debug production software issues. Those customers have needs that go beyond smaller customers: organizations with 1000+ users, hundreds of projects, sensitive data privacy needs, international data storage regulations and strong requirements around auditing and access control.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer on the Enterprise and Revenue team, you'll build features that improve the experience of using Sentry for enterprise customers by ensuring that the user interface is intuitive and performant, even when they have a huge amount of data. We make it easier for large organizations to manage their Sentry usage by expanding our enterprise authentication/authorization provider integrations and better our Security and Compliance by improving our PII scrubbing, data retention capabilities, and auditing tools. You'll make sure that the best-in-class application monitoring tool favored by cutting edge software teams is also enterprise-ready.
If you are a product-minded engineer who wants to build compelling features that make Sentry better for our largest customers, this could be the role for you.
In this role you will:
- Work with the product management and design teams to define, implement and ship new features that prioritize the experience for the largest organizations using Sentry.
- Tackle application performance issues that arises when our largest customers push Sentry to its limits: identify bottlenecks and optimize our application to improve user experience.
- Build and improve Sentry's compliance-related features and security capabilities which include (but are not limited to) PII scrubbing, flexible retention windows, stronger ACLs, SSO/OAuth/SAML2/SCIM integrations, and grow to be a subject-matter expert on these topics in the company and etc.
- Lead and participate in engineering discussions and initiatives to help take the team to the next level
- Develop tools and instrument analytics to help our Customer Success and Sales teams better understand and serve our largest customers
- 5+ years engineering experience
- You are comfortable developing both the frontend and backend services, but this role is 60 - 70% backend work (we use React, Typescript, Python and Django.)
- Experience in building large scale database-backed web applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly
- In the San Francisco Bay Area or willing to relocate
- Bonus: You have worked on a software product that services large customers (i.e. Fortune 500)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role