Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $67 million in funding and 20,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
The Revenue team is responsible for ensuring that Sentry has the financial system that enables rapid growth of our self serve and enterprise customers. We ensure that our billing system that encompasses subscription plans, invoicing, provisioning and more is rock solid and accurate. We also own the user experience for checkout flow which includes different ways that our customers can try out Sentry to discover how Sentry can help write better software faster, provide easy upgrade paths for our customers to take advantage of more product features.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer on the Revenue team, you will lead and own the technical roadmap of our billing system, work with the Product Manager on the customer checkout experience and work with the Finance, Sales and Data team to create and maintain business workflows, internal tools and accurate reporting of the revenue.
In this role you will:
- Lead large complex projects and architectural decisions to balance the business and product needs with the engineering needs.
- Own the end-to-end development, testing, and monitoring strategy for our complex billing system.
- Guide the team on how to tackle big challenging problems, write high quality and maintainable code and mentor on best practices.
You'll love this job if you:
- Are business focused engineer who likes understanding how financial aspects of a company works.
- Like to comp up with engineering solutions to big and complex business problems.
- Understand the difference between fixed and floating point math.
- 5+ years engineering experience.
- Experience in working in both the frontend and backend (we use React, Typescript, Python and Django).
- Experience in building large scale database-backed web applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly.
- Located in San Francisco, or willing to relocate, interested in working in an office 4x a week (eventually).
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role