Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $67 million in funding and 20,000+ customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Client Infrastructure team, you'll join a cross-functional group of Software Engineers that are responsible for the client facing operations of Sentry. This includes building and maintaining our SDK integrations with cloud providers that are used to send events to the Sentry backend, like AWS, GCP and Azure.
You will join a team that is responsible for the client SDKs work and the main event processing pipeline. You will also be involved in the design and evolution of the APIs used to ingest events into the backend.
In this role you will:
- Work in the Client Infrastructure team to improve and evolve our SDKs.
- Use a variety of programming languages, systems, and technologies to own and solve problems related to cloud integrations (Python, JS, TypeScript.)
- Own Sentry SDK integration with cloud providers such as AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Operations teams to build solutions that scale (we ingest over a billion events every day.)
- Write unit and integration tests that ensure the correctness of your work, as well as strong documentation to help educate both peers and customers.
- Assist Customer Operations to resolve live customer issues when bugs sneak into production caused by the SDKs.
You'll love this job if you:
- You take pride in building features that don't just work, but are also delightful to use.
- You want to build a product by developers for developers.
- You want to join a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly.
- You contribute to open source full-time — our product is entirely open source.
- 4+ years as a Software Engineer and/or related role (e.g. SDK engineer, cloud engineer.)
- Experience in developing or using cloud technologies such as serverless, API Gateway, etc.
- Bonus points for experience with building monitoring solutions for cloud platforms, or experience maintaining open source libraries.
- Good written and spoken English communication skills.
- Live in the Vienna, Austria area or are willing to relocate.
- Contribute to an open source product used by almost 1 million developers and 20,000+ companies.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity.
- Commuter subsidy.
- Flexible working schedule.
- 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- Austrian healthcare.
- Pet friendly office.
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands) and visits to our San Francisco, CA headquarters.
- Relocation assistance.
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that cares a lot about diversity, inclusivity, and quirkiness.
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 41.706,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement (IT-KV). The salary that Sentry offers you is adjusted to the current market situation and does significantly exceed it.Apply For This Role