Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $67 million in funding and 20,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we’re building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
Sentry.io is the Sentry server’s cloud offering, which is developed in public on GitHub and available on a permissive license (BSL) for users to host and deploy themselves. We make installing and running Sentry smooth, by providing versioned and nightly Docker containers, an automated docker-compose based installer, and in-depth documentation on building from source.
As a member of the Open Source Team, you’ll help to refine the open source release process, to get the latest and greatest Sentry version in the hands of our users, and to improve our tooling to make deploying Sentry on our users’ production environments a breeze. You’ll also work with the community to triage issues on our GitHub repository, assist external contributors with PRs, and communicate with users on our community forum.
If you want to work with a world-class engineering team and help us continue to be excellent at onboarding and supporting our large open source user base, this could be the job for you.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure Sentry’s eventually open source on-premise offering is easy to install and run in both development and production environments
- Build and maintain tools that automate our monthly on-premise release cycle (we follow CalVer)
- Work closely with multiple engineering teams to ensure new features and capabilities are compatible with Sentry’s on-premise release model
- Make it easier for external developers to contribute to Sentry, by improving documentation and processes and assisting with code reviews and merging external PRs
- Respond to customer issues and feedback on both public forums and GitHub Issues
You’ll love this job if you:
- You have a history of contributing to open source projects
- You believe CLI software can have delightful UX
- You believe in automating all the things
You will work on the team that has:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer or similar role
- Strong proficiency with Python
- Experience using Docker in production or a continuous build environment
- A history of contributing to open source projects as an author, maintainer, or core contributor
- Strong written communication skills
- Contribute to an open source product used by almost 1 million developers and 20,000+ companies.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity.
- Commuter subsidy.
- Flexible working schedule.
- 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- Austrian healthcare.
- Pet friendly office.
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands) and visits to our San Francisco, CA headquarters.
- Relocation assistance.
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that cares a lot about diversity, inclusivity, and quirkiness.
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role