The Sentry Story
Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $67 million in funding and 20,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role / Impact
In this role you will:
- Drive revenue and lead acquisition by understanding why and how our key audience segments buy Sentry. As the owner of the lead funnel, you’re able to influence go-to-market strategy for both touch sales and self-service.
- Lead with both short and long-term ROI-driven thinking, with a solid understanding of how campaign duration, channel mix, and buyer personas play into the enterprise buyer’s journey. Bonus points for understanding developer tools
- Extensive experience building touch sales pipeline, establishing lead scoring criteria for the full lead funnel across Marketing and Sales, and partnering with go-to-market teams to build ideal customer profile models
- A strong intuition for formulating outbound-focused content arc for campaigns, and no fear of owning content development for lead nurtures, events, or creative assets for paid acquisition
- Own overall strategy and drive team execution of self-service acquisition across organic and paid channels (SEO, SEM, display ads, organic content plays, OTT channels) with an eye for experimentation and “developer-friendly” tactics
- Experience developing a best-of-breed Marketing operations stack that scales with our growth and integrates with data engineering, business intelligence tools, and our revenue operations systems
- Partnering with sales and business operations teams to establish funnel reporting & analytics dashboards
- Familiarity with account-based marketing strategies and the drive to spearhead experiments with sales partnership
- Hands-on and “one-team” approach to partnering with SDRs and Sales Leadership to develop processes and build mental muscle for pipeline strategy
- Work in tandem with Product Marketing, Content Marketing, and other team functions to delivered a cohesive campaign for vertical or community penetration
- 10+ years B2B marketing experience, with at least 6 years of that specifically in demand generation and a proven track record of success with technical content strategy and creation. Developer relations or community experience is a plus
- Analytical prowess and instincts for dashboard creation
- Strong people management experience across demand generation, growth, and marketing operations. Direct or indirect ownership of SDR teams are a plus.
- Experience working closely with a software development process and/or familiarity for developer teams. Bonus points for being a developer in a past life.
- Ability to prioritize competing opportunities and balance customer needs versus business priorities
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- A down-to-earth attitude and sense of humor
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply For This Role