Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $67 million in funding and 20,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
Growth potential, flexibility, and material impact on the success and of our product make Sentry an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced writing environments.
The possibilities for impact are significant. We offer opportunities to evolve and grow within our organization.
About the Role
At Sentry, our customers are software engineers. Solving their problems is often complex and challenging, and may demand both a technical background and a solid knowledge of our product. That’s why everyone at Sentry contributes to our technical content; developing documentation that helps solve our customers’ problems. But we’re growing fast, and we need your help.
We're looking for someone with a strong background in developer documentation who is passionate about engaging our customers and ensuring they have a great experience. You will be responsible for not only adding helping with the content design for our customers, but also writing and editing technical documentation. You will drive success at Sentry by helping us reduce support requests and increase adoption rates, help us scale our content for a multi-author environment, and ultimately make our customers happy.
In this role, you will:
- Design, edit, develop, and review technical content for developers, including SDK reference docs, use-case driven developer content for our product interface, and more
- Manage deadlines and deliverables across multiple products and platforms in a global organization
- Enforce and promote our standards, best practices, and guidelines
- Provide content coaching and mentorship to non-writers
- Design and create templates for adoption by engineering teams
- Participate in the Pull Request and CI/CD process for engineering teams, providing content editing and rewrite suggestions from a usability/success lens
- Provide structural editing beyond copy, including information architecture/content design
- UI and site content review/editing
You'll love this job if:
- Good content brings you deep joy as a writer. And you can tell us about it with clarity and specificity.
- Developer docs are your jam.
- You want a job with real impact to customers, who you know will be successful because of the content you provide.
- You enjoy leading and participating in content discussions and initiatives to help take the team to the next level.
- You want to join a modern technical content development team that iterates and ships content rapidly
- You're excited at the opportunity to contribute to an open source project every day
- BA/BS degree in a English, Journalism, or technical field
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in software, platform engineering, or with IT tools content development, including a deep understanding of SDK documentation structure and editing standards
- Willingness to switch contexts quickly as needed, using a service or consultant-oriented approach
- Familiarity with developer technologies (Git processes, VS Code) and CI/CD environments
- The ability to read code is a strong plus
- Located in Toronto or SF Bay Area
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy.
- Charitable matching program.
- Generous parental leave policy.
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance.
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events.
- Relocation assistance.
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role