Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $67 million in funding and 20,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
As a Unity Engineer on our client infrastructure (SDK) team, you'll join a cross-functional group of Software Engineers that is responsible for the client facing operation of Sentry. You'll be driving the evolution of Sentry's monitoring tools for Unity on all platforms. You'll take the lead in developing a monitoring SDK to allow Unity users to take advantage of all features that Sentry has to offer. We want Sentry Unity users to have a great experience with Sentry within 15 minutes.
This role is about making Unity developers like you, have a great experience developing and shipping high quality experiences that delight.
In this role you will:
- Develop first-class client library and editor integration for Unity.
- Work with the team to write cross platform code, that targets mobile, web, desktop and consoles.
- Puzzle over unique challenges in the fields of compilers, debugging, engine internals, low-level optimization.
- Use a variety of programming languages, systems, and technologies to own and solve problems related to platforms Unity supports or that we use at Sentry (C# / Java / Objective-C / C++, but also Python and TypeScript.)
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Operations teams to build solutions that scale (we process over a billion events every day.)
- Write unit and integration tests that ensure the correctness of your work, as well as strong documentation to help educate both peers and customers.
- Assist Customer Operations to resolve live customer issues when bugs sneak into production caused by the SDKs.
You'll love this job if you:
- You take pride in building features that don't just work, but are also delightful to use.
- You build a product by developers for developers.
- You join a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly.
- You contribute to open source full-time — our product is entirely Open Source.
- You work with collaborative, thoughtful engineers who push themselves and others to do better.
- 3+ years as a Software Engineer using Unity Engine
- Experience in developing for mobile platforms (iOS and/or Android.)
- Experience in programming languages used on mobile platforms (Objective-C, Java, Kotlin, Swift)
- Bonus points for experience with maintaining open source libraries.
- Good written and spoken English communication skills.
- Live in the Vienna, Austria area or are willing to relocate.
- Have a valid work permit for EU / Austria.
- Contribute to an open source product used by almost a million of your fellow developers and tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that cares a lot about diversity, inclusivity, and quirkiness
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Commuter subsidy
- Flexible working schedule
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
- Austrian healthcare
- Pet friendly office
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands) and visits to our SF headquarters
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 58.926,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement (IT-KV). The salary that Sentry offers you is adjusted to the current market situation and does significantly exceed it.Apply For This Role