Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $67 million in funding and 20,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
Sentry is a company with a healthy appreciation for design, art, and whimsical mischief. A defiant island in the sea of rote calls-to-action and CEO's looking slightly off camera while dubstep plays, Sentry’s Creative team strives to perfect the visual equivalent of puns and hit those Q4 KPIs and OKRs, to get those MQLs so they can’t tell us that FUN doesn’t sell.
Sentry is looking for a Senior Motion Designer for our scrappy and salty group of creatives to create promotional and educational videos that put content before marketing, people before numbers, and sensible chuckles before the ad break. This role reports to the Creative Director within the Creative team as part of Design.
In this role you will:
- Be the first, do-it-all motion and video person on Sentry’s in-house creative team.
- Work with people across the company to produce promotional and educational videos that will appear in marketing, documentation, and product.
- Direct, capture, and edit original footage, audio, screencasts, and physical product images.
- Produce motion graphics for social media and advertisements, film and produce customer stories, and turn marketing on its head with what we hope will be worth of the name “Webignars”
- Turn user interface footage into compelling motion graphics (as compelling as such a thing can be).
- Work with our illustration team to animate their work.
You'll love this job if you:
- You struggle to decide whether you have a career in motion or video.
- Want to work on a well organized team within a growing tech company.
- Enjoy an unpredictable and ever changing array of projects, requirements, and challenges.
- Thrive when given the chance to add character to otherwise assumed-mundane content.
You will work on the team that has
- Created the first corporate holiday that wasn't bad (probably).
- Communicated our product by destroying phones.
- Put bird poop within the first 200px of content on a corporate landing page.
- Increased mindshare regarding our swag amongst TSA agents.
- A link to your reel or portfolio showing examples of relevant is required to be considered.
- 5-7 years of experience creating marketing, documentation, or educational motion graphics and video content.
- Experienced recording, editing, and directing audio and video content.
- Mastery of the Adobe suite of tools. If your resume had progress bars (it should not) they would all be at 93.4%.
- A pragmatic sense of humor — we specialize in business-viable shenanigans.
- Experience with developer tools is a bonus, but not required.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role