Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 68,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
The Data team designs and builds data pipelines that transform data into actionable models and metrics that provides insight for the organization. We own the data pipelines that brings data together from different sources and help business, product, engineering and marketing teams explore the data and gain insight.
As a senior data engineer, you will design and build out scalable data pipeline system that will support the organization's data processing and analytics needs.
In this role you will:
- Design and build out our analytics data warehouse
- Combine data from disparate sources into a unified and reliable source of truth
- Ensure data quality in ETL pipelines and stream processing steps
- Interface with internal data consumers to understand organization's data needs
You'll love this job if you:
- You enjoy working cross-functionally with other teams, learning their missions and how you can empower them to make data driven decisions
- You enjoy surfacing trends and business insights during data.
- You enjoy knowing more about SQL than anyone else
- 5+ years experience as a Data Engineer or similar, working with large data sets and cloud infrastructure.
- Expert in at least one dialect of SQL.
- Experience using workflow management tools like Airflow.
- Experience working with data warehouse like Google BigQuery
- Experience working with async messaging services or distributed streaming platforms like Google Pub/Sub, Kafka
- Experience building out data exploration tools like Looker
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role