Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 70,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
The Data team designs and builds the pipelines and infrastructure that transform data into actionable models and metrics. We work closely with the the engineering, business, product, and marketing teams to quantify our successes, discover opportunities, and develop insights.
As a senior data engineer, you will design and build scalable data pipelines that will serve as the backbone for our data processing, analytics, and validation infrastructure.
In this role you will:
- Work with a massive dataset and develop highly scalable data ingestion & processing pipelines.
- Help design & develop the data warehouse that serves the data needs of overall organization.
- Use latest and greatest tech-stack in Big Data while doing the above.
- Learn about several domains that rely on data to make their day to day decisions.
- Validate the reliability of our data and ETL pipelines.
- Launch and support new data models that provide intuitive analytics for consumers.
- Combine data from disparate sources into a unified & reliable source of truth.
You'll love this job if you:
- Love data and exploring different datasets for fun.
- Are passionate about figuring out how to shape data landscapes to add value to Sentry's strategic direction.
- Enjoy learning about and implementing the latest developments in the data world.
- Draw deep satisfaction from operating in a high-impact role that affects the entire organization.
- 5+ years experience as a Data Engineer or similar, working with large data sets and cloud infrastructure.
- Proficient in one of the programming languages preferably Python, Scala or Java.
- Experienced in building Data Models, ETL pipelines, and designing Data Warehouses.
- Proficient with public cloud concepts and delivering working solutions on public cloud infra preferably GCP.
- Comfortable with delivering end to end projects independently.
- Expert in at least one dialect of SQL.
- Hands-on experience with Frameworks like Apache Beam, Spark, Flink.
- Well versed with messaging Frameworks like Apache Kafka, GCP Pub/Sub.
- Hands-on experience with job orchestration solutions like Airflow.
- Familiar with the concepts of container based deployment solutions like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly.
- In the San Francisco Bay Area or willing to relocate.
- Bonus: experience with any NoSQL Database, any PaaS such as Dataproc or Databricks.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role