Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 68,000+ customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
The Engineering Operations team is responsible for the deployment, configuration, maintenance and monitoring of Sentry's hosted platform. We do this by leveraging automation tools to automatically spin up and scale services to meet the traffic demands of 1M+ developers. Sentry receives over a billion events a day, and process terabytes of data to return complex aggregations with sub-second latency
As the Engineering Manager of the Operations team, you’ll lead a group of engineers tasked with expanding, monitoring, and improving our SaaS product. You'll work closely with your team, and collaborate with other Engineering functions across Sentry to improve reliability and scalability, deliver improvements to our stack, and guide new initiatives in a sustainable direction. You’ll be an inspiration and cultivate a strong team identity by, conducting weekly syncs, career coaching, developing processes, planning milestones, and keeping everyone accountable.
In this role you will:
- Grow and develop a team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- Set direction for the team, anticipating strategic and scaling-related challenges.
- Guide planning and task estimation.
- Manage interrupts and incidents.
- Contribute to Sentry’s technical and product strategy.
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies our values.
You'll love this job if you:
- Enjoy mentoring and helping other engineers grow.
- Take pride in developing features that don't "just work", but are delightful to use.
- Desire to join a modern software team that iterates and ships code rapidly.
- Have a passion for Open Source.
- 7+ years industry experience in software engineering, with experience working in an operations role.
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- A strong understanding of site reliability and scalability.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly.
- Experience with one or more parts of our stack (PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, Google Cloud, ClickHouse, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Redis, and Python/Django).
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role