Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 70,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
Why this role right now:
In the next 4 years, more than 500 million applications are predicted to be created -- the same number of applications that have been created in the past 40 years. With strong and steady growth since Sentry’s inception in 2015, the SaaS business is poised at the forefront of this wave with unparalleled depth and breadth in the application monitoring category. From streaming media and commerce to financial services and healthcare, as our Head of Communications, you will play a critical role in the Marketing leadership that will accelerate awareness, drive key external narratives, and shape the organization through a period of unprecedented growth.
In this role you will:
- Drive external communications strategy for product and corporate public relations, including building relationships with media and analyst relations across trade, tech, and broader business outlets and agency management
- Develop and maintain the in-market narratives for Sentry’s public positioning, partnering tightly with other Marketing leadership and cross-functional teams to maintain a well-structured and differentiated corporate communications, product communications, and developer communications strategy
- Seek out and own the executive speaking opportunities, including coming up with creative ways to position Sentry as a thought leaders and subject matter expert for long term brand awareness
- Be a thought partner to the broader Marketing leadership. You should get your energy from both knowing the latest trends and having a POV on which ones to ignore. Who should we be talking to, who influences the conversation, and who’s going to help drive the conversation forward - while linking all this back to the core problems that Sentry is solving.
- Collaborate with leadership to determine the metrics for success and lay the foundation for our broader content syndication opportunities
- Drive internal communications strategy including employee communications and executive communications by partnering with senior management to build, refine, and anticipate internal company messaging needs. Define guardrails that make sense for Sentry’s current company culture and lays the groundwork for organizational growth.
- Lead our social media strategy and presence including determining key channels, experimenting with content and format types, and agency management
- Collaborate with the People and Creative team to support the development of Talent comms
- 10+ years in Communications with experience managing or leading teams responsible for public relations, communications, brand and/or employee engagement
- Strong people management experience including attracting, growing, and retaining a team of comms specialists, social media agencies, and public relations firms
- Have a proven track record in understanding ROI, reporting and analytics, including understanding metrics for PR
- Experience working closely with a software development process and/or familiarity for developer teams. Bonus points for being a developer in a past life.
- Ability to prioritize competing opportunities and balance customer needs versus business priorities
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- A down-to-earth attitude and dry sense of humor are a huge plus
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role