Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 68,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
As a Technical Program Manager, Web Platform on our client infrastructure team, you'll lead a cross-functional group of Software Engineers that are responsible for the client facing operation of Sentry. This includes building and maintaining our web SDKs that are used to send events to the Sentry backend. You technically lead our team that is responsible not just for the client SDKs work but also the main event processing pipeline. This means you will also be involved in the design and evolution of the APIs used to ingest events into the backend.
In this role, you will:
- Act as the single source of truth for Sentry's web-based SDKs, keeping internal customers informed of technical progress
- Share your understanding of the current frontend ecosystem and commonly used backend technologies
- Build positive relationships, and trust, over time through on-time delivery of commitments and high quality, productive communication with internal and external customers
- Break the program down into an executable schedule that balances resource loading across the team and ensures on-time delivery, defining milestones and success criteria, managing the backlog and customer feedback
- Bring order and determine what needs to get done in an ambiguous, fluid environment
You'll love this job if:
- You want to be an influential member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members
- You want to understand the nuts and bolts of how a unicorn company really works
- You’re a business minded person — but you can code a little in a few languages
- You like being on the winning team
- You want to build something you can be genuinely proud of
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Living in or willing to relocate to Vienna, Austria (after Covid-19 restrictions lift.) We will return to a 3x a week in-office work schedule when it is safe.
- Currently fully authorized to legally work in Vienna, Austria.
- 5 years of experience managing technology projects from evaluation to design and execution.
- Experience with SaaS, web technologies, and lifecycle management in a fast-paced software environment
- Experience with software development and managing end-to-end execution of programs that span multiple engineering teams
- The ability to code, however rusty. You won't be writing production code, but knowing your way around a for loop really helps to understand our customers
- Bonus points for an MBA, scrum certification, or a presence in the open source community
- Contribute to an open source product used by almost a million of your fellow developers and tens of thousands of companies.
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that cares a lot about diversity, inclusivity, and quirkiness.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity.
- Commuter subsidy.
- Flexible working schedule.
- 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- Austrian healthcare.
- Pet friendly office.
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands) and visits to our SF headquarters.
- Relocation assistance.
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 58.926,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement (IT-KV). The salary that Sentry offers you is adjusted to the current market situation and does significantly exceed it.Apply For This Role