Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and over 70,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
If you've taken a look at the rest of our jobs page you'll notice that we're hiring. A lot. Our People Operations Team is responsible for creating an excellent people-first employee experience and keeping our global teams healthy, happy, and engaged through impactful and forward-thinking People programs. We're looking for our first Senior HR Business Partner to help support our teams as we scale this year. This is a unique and highly impactful opportunity to build the function from scratch; working across all our teams and supporting employees in all of our San Francisco, Toronto, and Vienna offices.
You'll love this job if you:
- Have a high EQ and a natural ability to build strong, trusting relationships in diverse departments
- Are empathetic and thoughtful in your approach as you solve problems and get to the root cause of issues, and quickly implement solutions.
- Are a culture builder ensuring our people programs, solutions, and programs are reflective of Sentry's values
- Are excited by the opportunity to build this function from the ground up and are passionate about laying a strong foundation for future HRBPs at Sentry
In this role you will:
- Provide strategic business and thought partnership to your leadership teams and coach them through people-related strategy, decision making, and execution.
- Proactively assess team, manager, and organizational development needs, make data-driven recommendations, and implement solutions
- Coach managers in appropriate people management best practices, i.e., performance management, discipline, reward and recognition, and retention strategies
- Partner with other People leaders to assess employee needs and design programs that are reflective of our values, drive engagement, and enhance all phases of the employment lifecycle
- Challenge and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of HR programs and solutions and recommend changes to meet business and employee needs
- Be an evangelist for the HRBP job function. As the first in this role you'll be teaching our teams all that you can do and offer, developing both partnerships and programming, and then owning the function as we continue to scale and grow.
You'll be successful in the role if you:
- Are forward thinking and creative as you recommend and execute on people strategies that drive business outcomes and enable our team to be their best.
- Are curious and collaborative. You bring levity to decompress tense situations, are comfortable with ambiguity, are persistent in getting to the root of problems (and build solutions that solve them), and use great judgment - even in complex situations
- Have 5+ years' experience in human resources with at least 2 in the business partner position
- Have experience working with engineering teams as a HRBP
- Excel at coaching, conflict resolution, relationship, and team building
- Are data driven and thrive when you can track and identify trends and utilize them to develop recommendations for actions
- Can demonstrate strong competency within the HR function: professional development, L&D, succession planning, org design, effective team onboarding, coaching, recognition programs, talent management, communications, total rewards, and change management.
- Prior experience in a high-growth environment, particularly in building and scaling teams from 100 to 400 a plus.
- International HRBP experience
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role