Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 68,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
Our customers send us a lot of data - billions of events per month. They need tools to explore and visualize that data to spot recent changes, answer specific questions, and see larger trends. We're looking for someone who values good data visualization, has opinions about pie charts vs. donut charts, and is excited to help customers solve problems using their data. This role involves developing a product vision based on our customers needs, owning the roadmap, and managing a dedicated backlog for the Discover and Dashboards build team.
In this role you will:
- Own the roadmap for Discover and Dashboards - two key features in our Business offering.
- Work with the build team to prioritize and deliver on a shared vision.
- Talk to customers, learn their problems, and find extant or novel ways to solve them.
- Develop a strong understanding of the error and transaction data available within Sentry.
- Research other data exploration and visualization tools — learn what's worked, what hasn't, and how the state of the art is advancing.
- Work with our go to market teams on strategy to ensure our data exploration and visualization features capture the imagination of our target audience.
- Collaborate directly with our sales and solutions teams to better understand our enterprise customers and enable those teams to position the value of your features.
- Be an advocate and communicator for your team within Sentry to share learnings, uncover opportunities, and trumpet successes!
You'll love this job if you:
- You enjoy talking to customers.
- You care about data quality and using it to surface insights and solve problems.
- You understand how teams and organizations communicate and collaborate.
- You know how to present data so that it's easy to understand, hard to misinterpret, and visually appealing, all at the same time.
- You have experience working across teams to drive feature development and adoption.
- You want to up-level as a product manager with a great team.
- You want to build something you can genuinely be proud of.
- 3+ years experience in engineering, project, or product management in SaaS with a proven track record as a product manager.
- Experience working on products in which data visualization is core to the value proposition.
- Experience building and shipping a world class user experience.
- Live in the Toronto area, or are willing to relocate.
- Bachelor's degree in math, computer science, or related field is preferred.
- Coding experience, however rusty, is an asset for this role. You'll never need to write production code, but knowing your way around a for loop or having previously worked in dev tools will help you to understand our customers.
- Bonus points for a scrum certification or a presence in the open source community.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches (when we're back in office)
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role