Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 68,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
In this unique role intended for a seasoned Engineering Manager, you'll lead two distinct full-stack engineering teams with separate but related missions that are critical to the success of our business.
The Enterprise product team builds and maintains features that keep our Fortune 500-level engaged and successful with our product. In the past they've launched enterprise-level features like SAML and Audit Logs, optimized the 99th percentile performance of our product for large customers, and assisted in landing fixes for our single-tenant/hybrid-cloud offering of Sentry.
The Revenue product team ensures that our event-based billing model accounts for every event that moves through our system and bills customers appropriately. Besides owning the billing code, they also build and maintain our subscription management and checkout experience, and build tools to provision Enterprise-level customers with custom billing plans.
If you're looking for a high-impact engineering management role at the intersection of software development and business, this could be the role for you.
In this role you will:
- Grow and develop two teams of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- Set direction for the team, anticipating strategic and scaling-related challenges.
- Assist with sprint planning and task estimation.
- Contribute to Sentry’s technical and product strategy.
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies our values.
You'll love this job if you:
- Enjoy mentoring and helping other engineers grow.
- Take pride in developing features that don't "just work," but are delightful to use.
- Desire to join a modern software team that iterates and ships code rapidly.
- Talking with our large customers to understand their pain points.
- An ability to effectively connect Engineering and Business goals.
- 10+ years industry experience in software engineering, with at least 4+ years experience building full stack web applications.
- 4+ years of people management experience.
- A strong understanding of lean product development; you validate ideas quickly and adjust as you learn.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly.
- Bonus points: experience managing multiple teams, and/or shipping hybrid-cloud software.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical and dental coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role