Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 70,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
The Visibility team’s mission is to make Sentry the place to understand the health of your application, find and prioritize investments and resources, and uncover insights to improve your overall performance.
As a Software Engineer on the Visibility team in Toronto, Canada, you will shape the experience of how we visualize our customers tracing and performance data. You will collaborate with other teams throughout the company to ensure that our customers can get to important, actionable data easier than before. Presenting new ideas to our technical steering committee, establishing ownership of a feature set and growing your technical skills are just a few of the activities you can expect from this role.
In this role you will:
- Partner with our design team and define the best approach to visualize insights into our customer’s products.
- Collaborate with your team to define API contracts for new features.
- Build tests for your code to maintain a high standard of quality for Sentry.
- Write documentation to support new features with our technical writing staff.
- Seek out improvements to the platform and drive initiatives to implement those improvements.
You'll love this job if you:
- Desire to be the change you seek in the world, improve Sentry and use Sentry to make Sentry better. You are the target customer for the software you build, and you can influence what makes it into the product.
- Tackle application performance issues that arise when our largest customers push Sentry to its limits: identify bottlenecks and optimize our application to improve user experience.
- Lead and participate in engineering discussions and initiatives to help take the team to the next level.
- Enjoy customizing their shell and editor to the point where you cannot use the defaults.
- Relish the idea of making small improvements to a tool that magnify into days of saved time across our customer base.
- 3+ years engineering experience.
- Located in Toronto or willing to relocate
- You are comfortable developing both the frontend and backend services (we use React, Typescript, Python and Django.)
- Build detail-oriented solutions.
- Write robust and performant code that adheres to the company standards.
- Are passionate about improving the debugging tools that developers use.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy.
- Charitable matching program.
- Generous parental leave policy.
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance.
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events.
- Relocation assistance.
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role