Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 70,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
In this role you will:
- Support the product marketing strategy and go-to-market approach for the Sentry’s platform. From ecosystem partnerships to sales enablement, you’ll especially nerd out on our measurement-focused product areas and drive acquisition, adoption and activation strategies.
- Be the voice of the customer. Understand their needs, pains, and dreams of new developers signing up for Sentry. And drive home how we differentiate from the competition to ensure their success with Sentry from sign up to sending their first event.
- Get the word out. Plan and coordinate product launches across multiple channels with the primary goal of growing awareness and engagement.
- Craft concise, benefits-driven messaging. Develop elegant value propositions for both developers and self-serve customers that don’t sound like everyone else. Being technically accurate, thinking through your audiences, being consistent, and validating through experimentation are key.
- Write the rest of the story. Consider a launch Chapter 1. Continue the narrative and create new interest in Sentry by building and executing on value-based campaigns.
- Dust off your crystal ball and keep a third eye on trends in developer tools and software development. Use this research and findings to help product and engineering decide on where to invest in next.
You'll love this job if you:
- Have drive to make impact - we’re a small and growing team at a small company valued at a billion dollars. This one in a kind of opportunity, type of work, and visibility is unique in our industry. We don't do cogs in machines!
- Want to get in early - the marketing team was 2 people 1.5 years ago, 9 people now, and growing. We consist of alums from from Twitter, Atlassian, and GitHub, to market to a user base of over 70k orgs.
- Want to join a market leader. Our browser SDKs are downloaded million times more than our competitors - take a look for yourself: npmtrends - sentry. What’s more fun, marketing for a distant number two or the obvious winner?
- 3 years in product marketing and a proven track record of success with technical content strategy and creation. Developer relations or community experience is a plus
- Experience working closely with a software development process and/or familiarity for developer teams. Bonus points for being a developer in a past life.
- Ability to prioritize competing opportunities and balance customer needs versus business priorities
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role