Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 70,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
Software Engineering Interns at Sentry write real code on real projects that ship to production; no fetching coffee required.
In this role you will:
- Be matched with one of our Product or Infrastructure Engineering teams, based on your interests and experience
- Design, develop, and ship a programming solution that drives real values to customers (and if time permits, write about it on our blog)
- Act on feedback, coaching, and mentorship from your manager and teammates
You'll love this job if:
- You want to experience being a full-time engineer on a team and not be "just an intern"
- You value mentorship and being able to work closely with and learn from world-class engineers
- You want to join a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly
- You're excited at the opportunity to contribute to an open-source project every day
See work that other interns have completed:
- Implementing Sentry for Apache Beam
- Usage Metrics for the Sentry Integration Platform
- Error Monitoring for PySpark
- Sentry Open Telemetry Exporter
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or post-graduate degree program in Computer Science (or similar)
- At least 1 previous internship or equivalent practical experience
- You know the fundamentals of algorithms and data structures
- The start date is May/June/July 2022, 12 weeks in duration
- This position is located in Vienna, Austria. We will return to a 3x a week in-office work schedule when it is safe.
To Learn More About Sentry
- Earlier this year, we raised our Series D, at a $1B valuation! Learn more on Venture Beat, Business Insider, and TechCrunch.
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter
- Contribute to an open-source product used by almost a million of your fellow developers and tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that cares a lot about diversity, inclusivity, and quirkiness
- Commuter subsidy
- Lunch reimbursement
- Flexible working schedule
- Austrian healthcare
- Pet-friendly office
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands)
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 33,992-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement (IT-KV).Apply For This Role