Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 70,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
Sentry is looking for talented new graduates to join our growing Software Engineering team. Engineers at Sentry are challenged to solve a range of technical problems: from building fast and delightful UIs for navigating millions of error and performance events, to architecting solutions that ingest, store, and index terabytes of data every day. As a Software Engineer, New Grad (2022), you will be coached by a diverse team of multi-talented engineers and will directly impact a complex and growing codebase.
We are looking for all kinds of different technical backgrounds for our New Grad position in Vienna. If you love to work with TypeScript or Python or if your heart beats for Mobile and like to write Swift or Kotlin or if you are really into low-level languages like Rust and C++, we have multiple Teams in Vienna that deal with a huge variety of technologies and we will find the spot that suits you best.
In this role you will:
- Work with a team to develop and extend the Sentry product by working on our SDKs or internal processing pipeline
- Be responsible for full software development lifecycle - design, development, testing, and operating in production
- Communicate effectively with other engineers in the same team, with other teams, and with various other stakeholders (such as product managers)
- Act on feedback, coaching, and mentorship from your manager and teammate
- Write unit and integration tests that ensure the correctness of your work, as well as strong documentation to help educate both peers and customers
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Operations teams to build solutions that scale (we ingest over a billion events every day)
You'll love this job if:
- You build a product by developers for developers
- You work with collaborative, thoughtful engineers who push themselves and others to do better
- You join a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly
- You take pride in building features that don't just work, but are also delightful to use
- You contribute to open source full-time — our product is entirely Open Source
Examples of projects our team has worked on:
- Java Agent Feedback
- Fixing Python Performance with Rust
- Minidump Support in Sentry
- You know the fundamentals of algorithms and data structures
- The start date for this position varies for Spring, Summer, or early Fall
- This position is located in Vienna, Austria. We will return to a 3x a week in-office work schedule when it is safe.
To Learn More About Sentry
- Earlier this year, we raised our Series D, at a $1B valuation! Learn more on Venture Beat, Business Insider, and TechCrunch.
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter
- Contribute to an open-source product used by almost a million of your fellow developers and tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that cares a lot about diversity, inclusivity, and quirkiness
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Commuter subsidy
- Lunch reimbursement
- Learning & Development stipend and various other benefits
- Flexible working schedule
- Austrian healthcare
- Pet-friendly office
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands) and visits to our SF headquarters
- Relocation assistance - you are living in, or willing to relocate to, Vienna, Austria area
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 33,992-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement (IT-KV). The salary that Sentry offers you is adjusted to the current market situation and does significantly exceed it.Apply For This Role