Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 70,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
Business Operations works across all teams at Sentry to drive and enable the growth of our company. We lead mission critical, cross-functional efforts, deliver objective analysis and insights, incubate new ideas, and execute on strategic initiatives. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with effective day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
You may dig into analysis to understand our customer behavior, design new business systems and processes to scale our growing company, or help us unlock new revenue opportunities. Whatever it is, we work on what will move the needle most for Sentry. If you like hard problems, using analytics to make decisions, and are an amazing teammate, we want to hear from you!
In this role you will:
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the business and lead analysis on business performance to derive insights that will drive business decisions/recommendations
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Solve complex and broad business problems with analytically derived solutions, applying appropriate analytical best practices
- Help us make better business decisions:Identify key metrics, conduct rigorous explorative data analysis, create executive facing dashboards and build business cases that drive decision making and product prioritization.
- Supporting day to day operations and delivery of strategy and operational plans from the planning process against our strategic vision
- Partner with stakeholders (Sales, Finance, Marketing, & Data Team ) to support products and business analytics.
You'll love this job if you:
- You feel passionate about making sense out of numbers and sharing them with a broader audience
- You get a kick out of executing short-term (tactical) and long term (strategic) plans
- You are a self sufficient do-er: someone who enjoys ownership and can proactively and effectively work cross functionally to make progress
- You are comfortable with the pace and dynamic environment of our actively-growing business
- You have flexibility in both thinking and working: when the current path is blocked, you find a way through or around it
- 2+ years experience in a highly strategic, analytical, or operational role in a fast-paced environment (ex. management consulting, or business intelligence)
- Advanced Excel experience required; Data visualization tools experience a plus
- The ideal candidate has the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, with the competence to educate and collaborate with non-technical to superbly-technical audience.
- The ideal candidate is self-directed, accountable, and able to create structure while working in undefined areas
You Should Include These In Your Application
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role