Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and over 80,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
The security team is responsible for and committed to securing all things Sentry. From our customers, to our code, and everything in between, the security team is involved in all aspects of the business in pursuit of that goal.
Sentry is looking for a Security Engineer to join our growing security team and take on the challenging area of enterprise security, working to secure our corporate software, services, tooling, and infrastructure. This role will play a critical part in improving the overall security posture at Sentry.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with teams across the organization, particularly Information Technology (IT), Compliance, and Legal to implement proactive security measures.
- Implement technical controls to reduce risk in the corporate environment.
- Be responsible for improving and maintaining corporate security controls; for example SSO, 2SV requirements, and network authentication
- Work with others on endpoint security, ensuring the machines in use at Sentry are secure, without being overly intrusive.
You'll love this job if you:
- Enjoy implementing technical security controls over writing policy.
- Recognize the ever increasing risk to a corporate environment (ransomware, spear phishing, cryptominers, etc.) and like working on unique solutions to these problems.
- Like being part of a fast growing team
- Take pride in auditable, automated work over manual processes.
- 2+ years of relevant experience, with at least one of those years in a security specific role.
- Understanding of a modern corporate environment, including zero trust principals.
- Ability to distill a technical topic down for a wide audience
- Technical understanding of modern enterprise focused attack vectors.
- Experience applying a risk-based approach decision making
- Experience with device management software, such as JAMF, InTune, Fleetsmith, etc.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code tools, e.g. Terraform
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management (IAM) principals, and policy application
- Direct experience tuning, maintaining, and deploying endpoint detection and response (EDR) tooling (OSQuery, Carbon Black, etc.)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance, paid time off to volunteer and to vote
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role