Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 80,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
Our customers send us a lot of data - billions of events per month. They need tools to explore and visualize that data to spot recent changes, answer specific questions, and see larger trends. We build and maintain Discover and Dashboards and all of the tooling around those product features.
As the Engineering Manager of the Discover and Dashboards team, you’ll lead a group of engineers tasked with building out new visualization capabilities within the product. You’ll work closely with your team, and cross collaborate with other Engineering functions to build features that provide value to our users and align with business goals. You’ll be an inspiration and cultivate a strong team identity by, conducting weekly syncs, career coaching, planning aggressive-but-realistic milestones, and keeping everyone accountable.
In this role you will:
- Grow and develop a team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- Set direction for the team, anticipating strategic and scaling-related challenges.
- Assist with sprint planning and task estimation.
- Contribute to Sentry’s technical and product strategy.
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies our values.
You'll love this job if:
- Enjoy mentoring and helping other engineers grow.
- Take pride in developing features that don't "just work", but are delightful to use.
- Desire to join a modern software team that iterates and ships code rapidly.
- Have a passion for Open Source.
- 7+ years industry experience in software engineering, with considerable experience building full stack web applications.
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- A strong understanding of lean product development; you validate ideas quickly and adjust as you learn.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance - you are living in, or willing to relocate to, Toronto, Canada area
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role