Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 80,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
The Workflow team is responsible for core features on our flagship error monitoring platform. We build and maintain features including: issue search, releases, notifications as well as status updates and their downstream effects. As Sentry grows, we fold these concepts into our core domain and create the next generation of error monitoring.
As a Backend Engineer on the Workflow team, you will shape the experience of how our users interact with error data. You will collaborate with other teams throughout the company to ensure that our customers continue to gain valuable insights into their own products. Presenting new ideas to our technical steering committee, establishing ownership of a feature set and growing your technical skills are just a few of the activities you can expect from this role.
In this role you will:
- Lead high value initiatives, implement high quality features driving engineering excellence, mentoring junior engineers, and raising the bar for the rest of the organization.
- Work with product management and the larger engineering organization to define, implement and ship new features.
- Work with an open-source community that showcases your skills.
You'll love this job if you:
- Are driven by impact and like working on high-impact initiatives. The workflow team directly works on some of the most important items at Sentry.
- Like a collaborative culture without egos. We believe supporting each other often leads to better results.
- Want a way to showcase your work in a public way; sharing your coding abilities with the world. As an open-source company, a lot of us use our personal Github accounts to contribute to the codebase.
- Like working on a product that directly affects engineers like you.
- Minimum 2+ years professional experience with Bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree, no professional experience for related PhD degree
- Solid understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs
- Professional experience with Python or Java (preferred mastery of at least two mainstream languages)
- Professional experience with PostgresSQL (or other relational databases) and Big Table (or other NoSQL databases)
- Experience owning a system, feature, or component with end to end understanding (unofficially or officially) leading or collaborating with multiple engineers and/or teams.
- Experience completing projects at a large scope
- Backend focused role, frontend experience a plus
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role