Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 85,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
Sentry.io provides a suite of services to diagnose health problems in their customer's applications. These tools are mission-critical to companies who want to respond effectively in fast-paced markets. We make the development and deployment of these tools a safe and enjoyable experience, by maintaining a succinct and helpful continuous integration environment and an informative deployment pipeline.
As a member of the Developer Productivity Team, you will be responsible for the delivery process and the overall developer experience. You will be supporting a growing engineering team while balancing factors such as process stability, artifact veracity, human interaction time and communication methodologies. You will also be helping new engineers get to their first production deployment quickly and be well-informed enough to repeat the process.
If the idea of crafting tools for toolsmiths brings a smile to your face, this could be the job for you.
In this role, you will:
- Optimize the process of code delivery at Sentry ensuring that every engineer is delivering their best work quickly.
- Learn from our operational retrospectives and create tooling and process change to help developers avoid outages in the future.
- Streamline the engineering onboarding process via automation, highlighting learning opportunities and an introduction to delivery at Sentry.
- Measure key metrics of the delivery pipeline and respond to any major degradation of service.
You’ll love this job if you:
- Customize most of your tools for efficiency.
- Believe in automating all the things.
- Get excited by collaborating directly with your customers.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer or similar role.
- Strong proficiency with Python.
- Experience using Docker in production or a continuous build environment.
- Experience with customizing development tools.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance - you are living in, or willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role