Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 85,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
The Growth Team at Sentry has a mission to propel Sentry’s user and revenue growth into overdrive. We are a multi-disciplinary team that works across the entire product engineering stack including frontend, backend, SDKs, and infrastructure. You will work on a wide range of projects to drive growth: from deeply technical strategic projects like Sandbox, no-code AWS Lambda monitoring, and personalized onboarding to finding quick wins like helpful tooltips. This collaborative team will be moving fast: deploying MVPs and pivoting when new insights reveal a better approach.
In this role you will:
- Rapidly ship growth driving and impactful features across Sentry's product engineering stack. Examples include:
- Participate in engineering discussions and review technical specifications for cross-functional initiatives across the stack. For example, we recently re-architected our user onboarding experience to allow users to select multiple platforms and integrations before creating their Sentry organization. Get mentorship from senior engineers for parts of an engineering project - including writing technical specs, implementing the feature, and analyzing the results.
- Manage the Sentry A/B testing platform and run A/B experiments for product features and optimizations. We use PlanOut + Amplitude to run our A/B tests. See this blog on how we grew Sentry’s MAUs by rethinking invitations.
- Collaboratively brainstorm unconventional and creative ideas with product and marketing teams to improve user and revenue growth.
You'll love this job if you:
- Love turning ideas into reality at a bristling rate, like the ideology of fail-fast.
- Get excited by using your technical skills to drive business impact. You care more about outcomes vs output.
- Often find yourself contemplating many different variations of user experiences and validate those through experimentation.
- Aren’t afraid to work across the tech stack.
- Love working in collaborative and fast-paced environments.
- Enjoy spending time making charts and analyzing data to come up with novel insights on how to make the product better.
- Aren’t afraid to acknowledge when a project is less-than-successful and use those learnings to pivot towards success.
- 2+ years of engineering experience.
- Experience in building large-scale web applications (Sentry uses React, Typescript, Django, and Postgres).
- Passionate about improving the debugging tools that developers use.
- Bonus: an eye for design and CSS skills to match.
- Bonus: Experience with growth engineering and/or AB tests.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance - you are living in, or willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role