Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 85,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About The Role
Sentry is one of many tools developers use to create and ship high-quality production software. The Ecosystem team is tasked with connecting Sentry with this wider set of developer tools, by continually expanding and improving our API platform, as well as building first-class integrations with the industry's most popular products (GitHub, Slack, etc.). The goal: making sure Sentry works nicely with every team's preferred development workflow.
As a Software Engineer on the Ecosystem team, you'll take on the responsibilities of growing our developer API platform and first-class integrations. This platform doesn't just allow external integrators to communicate with our REST API; it lets them augment the in-application user experience with new product capabilities. If you want to work in a high-leverage role where you're not just building product features – you're building a platform in which anybody can build on top of – this could be the job for you.
In this role you will:
- Improve the developer experience when interacting and developing on our API and Integration Platform
- Elevate our existing APIs, from security hardening to performance tuning, to meet the needs of our growing customer base
- Lead design and discussions for projects that you own
- Review code and mentor junior colleagues
- 2+ years building high web traffic applications at scale with Bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree
- Professional experience with Python, and PostgreSQL (or other relational databases)
- Experience owning a system, feature, or component with an end to end understanding
- Experience and interest in API design and best practices
- Backend focused role, frontend experience a plus
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance - you are living in, or willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role