Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 85,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About The Role
Sentry got its start as an Open Source project that provides an amazing experience for developers to detect and eliminate errors in their code. Delivering on this promise to every developer is still our passion today. Sentry's documentation team contributes to this mission by ensuring the information about our product is clear, up to date and accurate so that users are able to leverage Sentry in their software applications quickly and easily.
As a Technical Content Developer supporting the SDK teams you’ll actively work with engineering to ensure documentation is clear and well-written. Often, this means starting with a submission from the developer who created a feature and reviewing it to ensure it meets standards. Then, you’ll make edits and revisions in collaboration with the submitter. You’ll also think about your section of docs holistically in order to plan new topics and improvements that will help our users.
We are also looking for someone who is interested in enhancing and maintaining the Sentry docs infrastructure itself. Often, the best way to clearly convey information is to evolve the medium itself.
In this role you will:
- Design, edit, develop, and review technical content for developers, including SDK reference doc.
- Enforce and promote our standards, best practices, and guidelines.
- Provide content coaching and mentorship to non-writers.
- Design and create templates for adoption by engineering teams.
- Participate in the Pull Request and CI/CD process for engineering teams, providing content editing and rewrite suggestions from a usability/success lens.
- Provide structural editing beyond copy, including information architecture/content design.
- Create and edit relevant sample code that illustrates the use of Sentry.
- Bonus: Candidates who have the aptitude to modify and make code changes to Sentry’s documentation platform itself.
You’ll love this job if you:
- Have high standards for written communication and derive satisfaction from ensuring they are met.
- Love learning - our industry and technology space are always evolving, the technologies we support are numerous.
- Developer docs are your jam.
- Enjoy educating people about things that are complex and hard.
- Are passionate about writing.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Excellent written english skills and demonstrated ability to explain complicated technical concepts clearly and in particular writing developer documentation.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in software, platform engineering, or with IT tools content development, including a deep understanding of SDK documentation structure and editing standards.
- Experience working in collaboration with software engineers on a daily basis and switching contexts using a service or consultant-oriented approach.
- Experience with GitHub and/or open source software.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Commuter subsidy
- Lunch reimbursement
- Learning & Development stipend and various other benefits
- Flexible working schedule
- Austrian healthcare
- Pet-friendly office
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands) and visits to our SF headquarters
- Relocation assistance - you are living in, or willing to relocate to, Vienna, Austria area
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 44,660 gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement (IT-KV). The salary that Sentry offers you is adjusted to the current market situation and does significantly exceed it.Apply For This Role