Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 85,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About The Role
The security team is responsible for and committed to securing all things Sentry. From our customers, to our code, and everything in between, the security team is involved in all aspects of the business in pursuit of that goal.
Sentry is looking for a hands on team-lead to be responsible for our detection and response program.
In this role you will:
- Grow and Lead a team of security engineers responsible for our detection and response program.
- Build out processes, workflows, and runbooks to simplify and codify response processes and procedures.
- Work to improve signal to noise ratios on existing detections, and create new detections when necessary
- Define and be responsible for SLOs/SLAs and OKRs for the D&R program and communicate them to internal stakeholders
- Be responsible for the company wide detection and alerting pipeline
- Run the team responsible for taking the lead on security incidents
You’ll love this job if you:
- Bring a engineering mindset to a detection and response program, looking to automate things for efficiency and consistency
- Want to build and grow a team, and be responsible for their direction
- Are interested in detection and response, as it pertains to open source software
- 4+ years experience working on a detection and response / blue team with at least 3 of those years at a technically focused company
- Comfortable reading and writing code in at least one language, with a strong preference for Python
- Experience using and maintaining a SIEM
- Experience running a security incident, from identification to declaration to post mortem.
- Adapt at creating and maintaining documentation of processes, procedures, and technical implementations
- Prior experience as a hiring manager, or tech lead
- An up to date understanding of the threat landscape as it pertains to SaaS companies
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance - you are living in, or willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role