Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 85,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the role
We’re looking for a product designer to join the Codecov team at Sentry. In this role you’ll work with a dedicated team of product managers and engineers to deliver world class code quality products used by over a million software developers worldwide. Today, Codecov is the leading solution for tracking and improving code coverage for software teams, and we’re looking for a designer with a passion for delivering products that improve developer experience and code quality. This role will directly contribute to Codecov’s existing code coverage project, but will also partner closely with Codecov’s product team and senior leadership to provide innovative new solutions to some of the most challenging problems that exist in software engineering and code quality today. If you’re a designer skilled at taking big ideas from 0 to 1, or would love the opportunity to do so, then this may be just the role for you.
In this role you will
- Collaborate with product and engineering on new features and feature improvements
- Assist with handoff between product, design and engineering to ensure that features are delivered on time and to specification
- Contribute to user interviews and research with the product team by developing wire frames and prototypes, and iterate based on feedback
- Help define and improve the systems that enable our design, product, and engineering teams to be more efficient and collaborative
- Actively participate in development of Codecov’s roadmap and quarterly product goals
You’ll love this job if you
- Are incredibly motivated by user feedback and actively seek it out, both on your own and by collaborating with a product team
- Thrive in fast development cycles that emphasize iterative improvement based on user feedback
- Love giving and receiving feedback and believe it the process is crucial to delivering world-class design
- Are great at managing complex projects mostly autonomously
- Have a strong passion for taking products from 0 to 1, leveraging users, internal knowledge, your own expertise, and strong design sense
- Prefer using design to solve complex problems that are brought to you, as opposed to prescriptive design based on others’ solutions
- Get excited by using your design skills to drive business impact. You care more about outcomes vs output
- Often find yourself contemplating many different variations of user experiences and validate those through experimentation
- Love making the lives of engineers and/or your fellow designers easier
- 5+ years of product design experience, or a portfolio that can trick us into believing so (a link to a portfolio or relevant work is required)
- You understand and care deeply about user personas like IT decision makers, Engineers, Engineering Managers and their unique needs
- Frontend experience with HTML/CSS and an understanding of how to design for the web
- Basic understanding of the software developer and the challenges they face
- Impeccable taste and knack for attention to detail
- Experience collaborating with remotely distributed teams
- Experience with conducting user interviews and parsing results
- Experience with Figma or other modern design tools
- Experience with reducing complex concepts into approachable workflows
The base salary range (or hourly wage range, if applicable) that Sentry reasonably expects to pay for this position is $80,000 to $220,000. A successful candidate’s actual base salary (or hourly wage) amount will be determined by a variety of relevant factors including, without limitation, the candidate’s work location, education, work and other relevant experience, skills, and job-related knowledge. A successful candidate will be eligible to participate in Sentry’s employee benefit plans/programs applicable to the candidate’s position (including incentive compensation, equity grants, paid time off, and group health insurance coverage). See Sentry Benefits for more details about the Company’s benefit plans/programs.
Equal Opportunity at Sentry
Sentry is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to its employees and candidates for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or other legally-protected characteristic. This commitment includes the provision of reasonable accommodations to employees and candidates for employment with physical or mental disabilities who require such accommodations in order to (a) perform the essential functions of their jobs, or (b) seek employment with Sentry. We strive to build a diverse team, with an inclusive culture where every teammate can thrive. Sentry is an open-source company because we believe that everyone, everywhere, should have the ability and tools to make great software. Software should be accessible. That starts with making our industry accessible.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.