Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 90,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the role
Sentry is a company with an appreciation for design, art, and whimsical mischief. To us, our brand is everything. It thrives on a fusion of quirky imagery, over-the-top metaphors, and not taking ourselves too seriously. Let’s be honest, this sh*t can be boring and it’s our job to spice it up. This approach doesn’t just help us stand out in our space — it can also be quite fun.
We’re on the hunt for a seasoned illustrator to join our Creative Team. Someone who can help us further our style, buck cookie-cutter tech company design trends, and generally make as many interesting, cool-ass visuals as they can.
In this role you will
- Craft illustrations for a wide range of internal and external-facing applications, including billboards, blog posts, event booths, swag, animation, and more
- Work with a senior team to come up with imaginative ways to represent complex ideas visually
- Collaborate closely with marketing, design, and other partners to ensure the work aligns with our messaging, brand, and technical requirements
You’ll love this job if you
- Appreciate design constraints but enjoy pushing their limits
- Die a little inside when told “the frills can wait until v2"
- Wish more companies would invest in design
- A portfolio that clearly communicates your role in the work
- 5-8 years of illustration experience (or a portfolio that makes us think you do)
- Experience and examples of drawing human and animal anatomy
- Ability to come up with lots of ideas that are sometimes awful but also sometimes good
- You always have a quick answer to, “Why did you do this?” for work in your portfolio
- Bonus: Experience illustrating technical software concepts
- Bonus Bonus: Experience animating your work
The base salary range (or hourly wage range, if applicable) that Sentry reasonably expects to pay for this position is $140,000 to $180,000. A successful candidate’s actual base salary (or hourly wage) amount will be determined by a variety of relevant factors including, without limitation, the candidate’s work location, education, work and other relevant experience, skills, and job-related knowledge. A successful candidate will be eligible to participate in Sentry’s employee benefit plans/programs applicable to the candidate’s position (including incentive compensation, equity grants, paid time off, and group health insurance coverage). See Sentry Benefits for more details about the Company’s benefit plans/programs.
Equal Opportunity at Sentry
Sentry is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to its employees and candidates for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or other legally-protected characteristic. This commitment includes the provision of reasonable accommodations to employees and candidates for employment with physical or mental disabilities who require such accommodations in order to (a) perform the essential functions of their jobs, or (b) seek employment with Sentry. We strive to build a diverse team, with an inclusive culture where every teammate can thrive. Sentry is an open-source company because we believe that everyone, everywhere, should have the ability and tools to make great software. Software should be accessible. That starts with making our industry accessible.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.